Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sugar, Spice, Frogs & Snails

"What are little boys made of?
Frogs and snails,
And puppy-dogs tails;
That's what little boys are made of.

What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice,
And everything nice;
That's what little girls are made of."

No words have ever rang more true in this house!


It never mattered to me AT ALL - For real!

Boy or girl, anticipating the arrival of our first baby with neutral paint, white sleepers, a list of boy names and a list for girls was an experience I'll always hold dear.

"It's A BOY!" The walls almost instantly turned blue and we let the boy games begin.

There is nothing more fun for me than a clothing department filled with little mini-man clothes and I've always tried my best to be the coolest encourager of dirt, trucks, skateboards, cowboys, baseball & superheroes. 

Learnin' the ropes.
A real boys' boy,  it's never hard to find this little guy.  He takes his signature "growl"with him wherever he goes.  It's hilarious.  He does it when he's concentrating or playing with  toys trucks, excavating playdough, or digging a hole outside.  It's cute and handy, for as soon as there's quiet (literally), I know he's up to something or somewhere that he shouldn't be.

My little "Hockey Pwayer"
Growing up in a family of 3 girls, I admittedly am caught off guard sometimes.  It happened last night when I gasped in horror!  I turned around in the kitchen to find the most handsomely devilish grin staring up at me, hands held out in pure delight, cusping a very "wiggiwy fwog".  I award myself major points for playing it as cool as I did.  We got out the little plastic fish tank that housed last springs' creatures and "Hairy" now enjoys his new home on the kitchen island.

Behold... The FROG!
After 4 year of occupancy in 'Boy Town", we welcomed our Princess.  I had a burning desire to know ahead of time with her, and was tickled pink to hear I would have a tea-party partner.  I admittedly put her in one too many blue sleepers, but haved vowed to being a shopaholic of Princess Dresses - the really fancy ones - and we're off to a good start.

Princess Party!
She is a natural girly-girl already.  A hilarious, tutu wearing, chocolate loving, baby kissing, beholder of everything nice, and the Queen of our hearts.  She has inherited her brother's witty sense of humor and his great big, beautiful heart.  

First Mani/Pedi with Mom
It's impossible to list all of the things that I look forward to with my daughter...  Painting each others' nails, dance classes, tea parties, shopping, giggles and sharing secrets...  I am so anxiously interested to see the little lady she will become, and look forward to being her partner in crime.

Her smile is one in a million...
These two have completed our family like I never could have dreamed.  Pink or blue never mattered to me, but as we capture this years' first critter and I give the baby girl her first "express" mani/pedi,  I am reminded of the 2 healthy blessings in our life and the fun that lies ahead as we embrace the sugar, the spice and even the frogs.



2 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a sweet post!! I am the Mama of two girls now ages 10 and 13 and am very familiar with the express mani's! Err at 13 I am also familiar with all other kinds of uniquely girl things. Oh my poor Hubby with 3 women in this house:)
    Enjoy every moment with your little one's before long they are begging to walk to school alone and offering you fashion advice:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I had even cried a little when she held out her hand for more polish! So much fun to overindulge in girly things with her... even at 20 months old!!!
      As for 13, you're on your own Mama! I'm having enough trouble trying to figure out a 5 yr old BOY, I can only imagine the drama that awaits our lives come tween/teen girl years!
      I sure will enjoy them while they're little.
      Thx for the comment Stephanie:):):)

      Delete